The Great Stash Exchange
Time & Location
About the Event
The GREAT STASH EXCHANGE is a fun opportunity to bring along all those unused craft supplies taking up space in your place and trade them for other people's crafty goodness that you will use!
How it works:
- Entry is $5 per person and you get one ticket included. (or two if you pre-register online before the day!)
- You can purchase extra tickets if you want ($5 each or 5 for $20)
- For every 'item' you bring to put on the trading tables you get another ticket (or a few tickets if it's a high value item).
- You can use your ticket to 'purchase' things from the trading table!
What can you bring:
- Art supplies (paper, paints, canvas, pencils, markers, brushes, products)
- paper craft and scrap booking supplies
- craft materials
- tools (scissors, cutting mats, stands etc)
- fabric and sewing supplies
- yarn, wool and embroidery supplied
- art and craft books and patterns
- other arty, crafty items - like cake decorating tools!
Please don't bring blades or knives, no electrical appliances (nothing that needs to be plugged in) nothing that has been used on skin (face paint, cosmetics etc) and obviously nothing that is illegal, stolen or not yours to give away!
1. Items must be in great condition. It's fine if they are used, but please don't bring broken, damaged, empty or expired things.
2. We need to know what your item is, so don't bring things in brown paper bags- much better to use sandwich bags or clear containers . Items should be kept together in a way that makes sense to the viewer - for example if you have brought a set of pencils, please put a rubber band around them to keep them together. Or fill a bag with fabric scraps rather than loose bits and pieces.
3. An item can mean a single thing (a pair of sewing scissors) or a collection (a set of pastels) or a bundle (a jam jar full of old buttons, beads and brooches)
3.When you arrive please see the welcome desk to pay your $5 and sign in. You will need to provide your name and a contact phone number for our records.
4. Take your items to the ticket table to add them to the stash register and get your tickets. The ticket helper's decision is final regarding how many tickets you will be offered for an item - you can decide if you want to accept the offer it hold onto the item. The ticket helper also has the right to say no thank you to items that are broken or unsuitable.
5. Browse the trading tables and select any items you want to spend your tickets on. Items must be taken on as 'as is' basis and cannot be split up.
Take your chosen items to the ticket table to 'spend' your tickets!
6. Items that do not get purchased by the end of the event become the property of Wild Learning. We can keep, pass on, donate or sell items as we see fit.
7. Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash and become worthless after the event.
Items from the exchange are on an as is basis and we take no responsibility for quality or function etc. Items cannot be returned or refunded - so please choose carefully.
Children are welcome but must be supervised.
Please note, street parking is available so bring a carry bag to transport your new goodies easily!
Date: Saturday 6th april
Time: 10am to 12 midday
Address is 111 Wollombi Rd
Proceeds from the day will help fund art supplies for children's programs and music for our community choir to keep these activities low cost for local families.
- Entry for one person$5$50$0