Studio Art for young people (term 2)
Time & Location
About the Event
Studio Art is a weekly art group for young people!
This group is perfect for students who are confident in their art making and enjoy working on individual projects - with the freedom to express their unique perspective and supportive mentoring to learn and develop skills.
In this first term the group will work on three major projects
1. A hand made journal- made from a selection of beautiful papers and bound using traditional techniques and covered with fabric! These books are inspiring and each one is personal and unique!
2. A painting on canvas - these artworks will be an reflection of what each student loves about art making! Works will be on display at the student exhibition in early June.
3. A wall hanging -Students will work with fabric, yarn and upcycled treasures to create a wall wonderful wild wall hanging!
Course fee for this term is $110 - this is a nine week course and includes:
-9 x 1.5 hour lessons
-Art materials = the journal making kit, one canvas per student to create the exhibition piece and all art supplies, materials to create the wall hanging
This group is suitable for young people who have taken creative classes with Wild Learning, Emmie or another art school and are ready to step up to bigger creative challenges and more independent work.
Classes begin on the 9th May and are held weekly on a Thursday afternoon.
What is it: Art classes for young people
Who is for: Young people who have attended art lessons previously and are looking for their next step. Best suited for young people who enjoy independent learning, aged 11 to 15 years old
Day and time: Wednesday at 4:15 pm sharp. class ends at 5;45pm
Address: 111 Wollombi Rd, Cessnock
Fees: $110 for the term (there will be 9 lesson this term), $55 for additional children from the same family in the same class
Need to bring: An apron, smock or art shirt to protect clothing during art activities.
What is provided: All material and quality craft supplies, students get to take home the pieces they make. A piece of fruit and a drink of water at the start of class is also provided.
Young people must be brought into the room by an adult and signed in, and must be signed out and collected by an adult.
This program is taught by Wild Learning founder Emmie Hallett who has a background in social and community work, creative education and arts work - and was an awkward, shy and creative young person herself once upon a time!
Please note, there are only 10 places available in this class and you MUST enroll online or by calling Emmie from Wild Learning directly on 0412 835 865.
- One young person$110$1100$0
- Additional young person$55$550$0