Slow Stitching : online class (Saturday)
Time & Location
About the Event
Make a beautiful minature textile art piece from recycled fabric and slow, mindful stitching
During this workshop you will learn the basic skills to create your first piece - your finished piece can be made into a pendant or brooch to wear as textile jewellery, or use it as a key ring or bookmark, or frame it as art!
- You will piece together your chosen fabrics to create your foundation
- Then, learn different ways to use decorative stitches to join your fabric and add decorative elements.
The class will be LIVE & ONLINE so you can watch from home via zoom on a computer or phone screen. Because the class is live you can ask questions and get help and interact with other students so it almost feels like being around the big craft table at Wild Learning.
- Scraps of fabric (it's a good idea to iron these, or dry them flat in the sun so they are not wrinkled)
- A sewing needle with a sharp point and a nice big eye that it easy to thread
- Embroidery cotton, thread you can double over or event fine yarn to sew with
- A pair of scissors
** you can purchase a material pack from Wild Learning which includes a fabric scraps and emrboidery cotton. These must be ordered at least a week before your class date to allow for postage to deliver before the class.
We believe all craft is best done with a good cup of tea (or maybe a glass of bubbles) and a treat. So prepare for class by setting up a space to watch the video, open your material kit and get your craft snacks ready!
The zoom meeting will open ten minutes before class begins. If you are joining for the first time come in early to say hello and see how it all works.
CLASS TEACHER: Emmie
$18 for a video lesson, BYO materials
$25 for video lesson, pick up a material pack from Wild Learning in Cessnock NSW
$34 for vide lesson with a material pack sent in the mail
- Online Lesson, pick up a kit$25$250$0
- Online Lesson, post me a kit$30$300$0
- online lesson, BYO materials$18$180$0