Make a silhouette collage with Michele Heibel
Time & Location
About the Event
Join award winning local artist Michèle Heibel in celebrating the magical qualities of the silhouette!
Michèle is a local artist who's breathtakingly beautiful work has won many many awards and her unique style is something very special indeed!
Michèle has agreed to run an amazing class for Wild Learning - open to both young artists and adults - for anyone who would love the opportunity to learn how to create art works using exquisite silhouettes!
In this class you will create your very own fairy tale scene inspired by the classic shadow theatre films of Lotte Reininger using layers of hand cut paper.
Michèle will guide you through the steps in planning the composition of a silhouette, including cutting out the individual layers, painting a soft watery background layer and assembling and framing the completed piece.
All art making materials will be provided but participants will need to bring along an A4 picture frame of their choice.
- This class is suitable for all art making experience levels!
- You will need to be able to hold a pair of scissors comfortably and create fine detailed cuts into paper, so if you have difficulty gripping scissors this may not be the best class for you
- Young people are welcome to enrol but must attend with a responsible adult and be able and willing to work safely and responsibly with scissors
What you need to bring:
- your booking confirmation
- An A4 frame (any frame you like is fine, you can pick up lovely frames cheaply at op shops!)
- A pair of sharp scissors that you can cut fine detail with - scissors will be available, but if you have scissors at home that you feel can work with for long periods please bring these along.
- your imagination!
Enrollment cost: $30 per person or $50 for two youg people
When you arrive, please see Emmie to sign in and then make yourselves comfortable at one of our work spaces.
- one person$30$300$0
- two people$50$500$0