Dress making for Beginners (Saturday morning)
Time & Location
About the Event
A workshop for people wanting to get started with the basic skills to sew your own clothing.
This 4 lesson course will cover the basics of dressmaking + machine sewing and get you started on a creative adventure of designing and making your own clothing .
You will learn how to take measurements, layout your pattern and cut pieces, construct the garment, adjust it for fit and finish it so you can wear your completed garment!
You will need to bring:
- Your sewing machine with foot pedal and power cord - and bobbin
- A pair of fabric scissors and your basic kit (pins, a measuring tape etc)
- A pattern (please choose something in your size that is rated as simple or suitable for beginners - purchase a commercial pattern from a craft shop or online, or download a free pattern from the internet. contact us for suggestions if you need advice
- Fabric (no knits or stretch fabric for this course please)
Please email your teacher, Suzanne, at email@example.com for advice about your pattern and fabric choice, or if you have any other questions about this class.
Time and dates - SATURDAYS 9:30 - 11:30 on the 27th July, 3rd August, 10th August and the 17th August
Venue - 111 Wollombi Rd Cessnock
Teacher- Suzanne Schroder of Suzzimaggs.com
Suitable for- Learners with very basic sewing skills, through to quilters and sewers wanting to make the leap across to sewing clothing. Suitable for adults. Teenagers are also welcome but need to be brought into the class and collected from the classroom by a responsible adult.
Cost - $120 for a four lesson pass, or $35 to pay as you go each week. You can pay online or enroll online and select the pay cash option to bring money with you to class.
- Four lesson pass$120$1200$0
- pay as you go, one lesson$35$350$0